Sunday 3 April 2011

West Side Story - Fake Poster

For uni we had to choose one musical/opera from four. I chose to work on West Side Story simply because it's not something I would normally work on. It's just to happy and bouncy... and yet I stil managed to make it dark. Haha.
I decided not to focus on the rather superficial bouncy and happy side of the film/show, and more on the deeper, darker more racist and dangerous side of the film/show.

The final review of the poster with the class and my tutors went unbelievably well. I was expecting them to say something about how it's nice that I didn't go for the usual looking poster for it, but I was NOT expecting them to be so astoundingly pleased with it. they didn't say a bad thing about it and just couldn't say enough good! I simply stood there gobsmacked.

Without further ado, here's the final poster. It was printed out A2 sized for the review/crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment