Wednesday 22 December 2010

Various Location Drawing

Over the last few months at Uni I've been doing various location drawings. I thought I'd share some of the better ones from the sketchbook. The following pictures have been done on location in Herne Bay, Kent and the V&A Museum. Huntarian Museum and Pollocks Toy Museum in London.


This one was drawn in Herne Bay, Kent. I went back there for a week on my week off from Uni, and did my three days of location drawing then. This one was my favourite of the three days worth. I quite like how the text worked out having not done it on the sign post itself but rather around it.

These were drawn in the V&A Museum in London, from the ceramics level. These two pieces really caught my eye, not only the pieces themselves, but their style also. Having no brown paper to work on, I coloured the paper with a brown pencil, shaded with a black pencil and did the white markings with a tipex pen.

The next few were done in Pollocks Toy Museum, London. It's an amazing little museum and shop and I really recommend checking it out. Anyway, the above images were of this fantastic rocking horse that was stood proudly on a pedestal on one wall. The sketch was a quick blind warm up, followed by the neater line drawing. The image below is of various carved wooden toys. The carved toys that were on display there were all amazing and I found them so captivating. Had I had more time I'd have focused on a few more, but during the short time frame I had in the museum, these were the only ones I could get down.

No comments:

Post a Comment