Wednesday 12 January 2011

Werewolf Transformation/Walk Cycle



A short animation done for my 3 day induction to animation at Kingston University.

The brief was to create a character and an animation that focused on the walk cycle of that character. Extra elements were then encouraged to be included.

Factors I'm happy with:
- For the short amount of time we had to do this, I'm pleased with what I did managed to accomplish, especially as it's been a while since I last did some serious animation
- I really like the way his ears bounce
- I'm happy with the way he transforms from the man into the werewolf

Factors I'm unhappy with:
- The speed of the werewolf walking. I'd like to add some more filler frames to slow it down so you can see a little more of the detail
- I'd eventually like to have added the walk cycle of his as human, as I feel that him simply standing there just breaks up the animation and ruins the flow

Technical Info:
- 46 individual frames, hand drawn and lined with fine liner pen
- Shot and put together using a program called Dragon Stop Motion, at 25fps shot on twos

1 comment:

  1. duuude. that is INSANE. i had the exact same idea! my walk cycle was a werewolf transformation!

    ReplyDelete