Friday 28 January 2011

Storyboard & Animatic

The last few weeks I've been working on a project at uni that was built off of our christmas research project which was to analyse a film in great depth. However, the film had to have been made before you were born.
I chose the film The Hunger (1983, Tony Scott) which stars Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie and Susan Sarandon.
We were then paired up with another person and had to our own film with the one that they had chosen.

So the two films I ended up having to combine were;
The Hunger (1983, Tony Scott)
The 400 Blows (1959, François Truffaut)

We were then told that we had to create a storyline that incorporated these two films in some way, and storyboard it, then create an animatic.

Here's my final animatic:

The storyline should be pretty easy to follow. A woman comes home to her lonely son with a mysterious box, which turns out to contain a cute pet bunny. Unbeknownst to the audience however, the mother and son are both vampires, and the boy eats his 'pet' snack.
I took the setting and character of Catherine from the Hunger, and threw in the boy from the 400 Blows as her son, as I wondered what it would have been like had Miriam Blaylock had a child instead of a lover.

There are a few things I'd change if I were to spend more time on this project, but nothing that I really think ruins it at all. General feedback from my group crit was very positive and I learnt a lot with this project.

Here are the individual storyboard frames:

No comments:

Post a Comment