Friday 18 March 2011

Liar Liar Studio Project

At uni we had a 3 day project to create a narrative sequence of images that told a story of a lie being found out. It could be a collection of singular images, or a comic, or danything else we really wanted to do. I decided to explore a character that I've been developing for a little while. You'll know her as the mascot of this site (she's in the background image). Murphy is an anthropomorphic English Bull Terrier and often mistaken as a man, but is in fact female.

My lie that was found out was not necessarily a spoken lie, but a percieved one. The horse that enters the bar and assumes Murphy to be male feels like he's been lied to when he finds out that Murphy is in fact a girl.

The images had to be black and white or greyscale for the brief, but I will be colouring them as some point. For now, here are the versions that were submitted for marking after the 3 days. Once I've coloured them, I'll probably upload them finished here as well. These aren't very detailed simply because they had to be drawn on A5 sized pieces of paper, which really limited how much detail I could put in. As did my incredibly short time frame.



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment